My name is Santino Prinzi and I’m a writer of flash fiction, short stories, and prose poetry. I’m the Co-Director of National Flash Fiction Day in the UK, the Senior Editor of New Flash Fiction Review, and an Associate Editor for Vestal Review. I’m a regular reviewer of flash fiction collections, and my reviews have appeared or are forthcoming in Flash: The International Short-Short Story Magazine, SmokeLong Quarterly, and Bath Flash Fiction Award. I also help organised the Flash Fiction Literary Festival. I’m a former flash fiction editor for Firefly Magazine.
My debut collection of flash fiction, Dots and other flashes of perception, was published by The Nottingham Review Press in 2016.
My writing has been published or is forthcoming in various places, both online and in print, and I have also won and been shortlisted or longlisted in various awards and competitions.
Not only am I interested in literature and writing personally, but also academically. I graduated from Bath Spa University with an undergraduate degree in English Literature with Creative Writing, and I’ve recently finished studying for a Masters degree in English Literature at the University of Bristol. My main research interests include the following: European literature from the nineteenth century to the present day; Flash fiction, short stories, and other short forms; Modernism; prose poetry; digital humanities and digital culture; and Contemporary literature.
You can find out more about me in these specific areas of this website:
- News – Recent news and blog posts.
- Collections – Details about single-authored collections of fiction I have had published or are forthcoming.
- Anthologies – Anthologies my writing is featured in which are available to purchase.
- Publications – List of published and forthcoming writing.
- Awards and Competitions – Information about awards and competitions I have won or been short/longlisted in.
- Non-Fiction – Further information about non-fiction publications, including academic publications, reviews, articles, and interviews.
- Contact Me – Email me using the contact box on this page, or follow me on Twitter.